Last Wednesday, November 13th, Google Play for Education went live for K-12 schools in the United States. Google Play for Education features curated collections of apps, books, and videos appropriate for students. The collections can be searched by grade, subject, and Common Core standard.
Set up POP or IMAP email on an Android
- From the home screen, tap Applications > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Manual setup.
- On the Incoming settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select IMAP orPOP3. We suggest you select IMAP because it supports more features.
- In the Email address and Username text boxes, type your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next. Your user name is the same as your e-mail address.
- In the Password text box, enter your password.
- In the IMAP server or POP3 server text box, enter your IMAP or POP server name: outlook.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop-down menu and Server port text boxes, specify the POP or IMAP settings that you looked up in step 5, and then tap Next. Your e-mail application will check your IMAP or POP settings.
- On the Outgoing server settings screen, the Login required option should be selected for you, and the Username and Password text boxes should be filled in.
- In the SMTP server text box, enter the SMTP server name: smtp.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop down menu and Server port text box, specify the SMTP settings that you located in step 5, and click Next.
- In the Account name, text box, enter a name your account (for example “School email” or “Work email). In the Your name text box, enter the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others (for example “Shelly Berryhill”), and then select Finish Setup.
NOTE You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.