Set up POP or IMAP email on an Android
- From the home screen, tap Applications > Settings > Accounts & sync > Add account > Manual setup.
- On the Incoming settings screen, in the Protocol drop-down menu, select IMAP orPOP3. We suggest you select IMAP because it supports more features.
- In the Email address and Username text boxes, type your full e-mail address, for example email@example.com, and your password, and then select Next. Your user name is the same as your e-mail address.
- In the Password text box, enter your password.
- In the IMAP server or POP3 server text box, enter your IMAP or POP server name: outlook.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop-down menu and Server port text boxes, specify the POP or IMAP settings that you looked up in step 5, and then tap Next. Your e-mail application will check your IMAP or POP settings.
- On the Outgoing server settings screen, the Login required option should be selected for you, and the Username and Password text boxes should be filled in.
- In the SMTP server text box, enter the SMTP server name: smtp.office365.com.
- In the Security type drop down menu and Server port text box, specify the SMTP settings that you located in step 5, and click Next.
- In the Account name, text box, enter a name your account (for example “School email” or “Work email). In the Your name text box, enter the name you want displayed when you send e-mail to others (for example “Shelly Berryhill”), and then select Finish Setup.
NOTE You may need to wait ten-to-fifteen minutes after you set up your account before you can send or receive email.